The life inside prison

The life inside prison

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The peace I needed

Before I was charge, I have many questions like you for example, “How long will I sentence in the prison? Should I get a lawyer? Must I apply leave or resign? Should I tell my company? Many questions in the list! However, there was no pure answer until the day I was sentence.
There were many suggestions from books, forums and even lawyers. However, no one can tell you exactly what will be your sentence because only the judge knows.
The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 8:7:
Since no man knows the future, who can tell him what is to come?
Hence I remember God goodness and His faithfulness because I know He will not forsake me when I am in deep trouble. I begin to pray and seek God and I received His peace and comfort and I find that is the most important thing I need at that moment. I realized one important fact. When I make a mistake, I must face the consequence and the bible say, “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in” Romans 6:23
The God-given peace was what I needed to go thru my case. I decided not to buy any books, not engaging lawyers, not looking at forums and knowing that God was with me in this case.
In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears. Psalm 18:6
I know I will go prison for sure because of 2nd time drink driving. But for how long? I don’t know. I did call a lawyer and he says my case will be at least 4 weeks in prison. However after God’s comfort, I didn’t go further with the lawyer and decided to stand on my own in the court and face the sentence.
God was indeed faithful and stand by me throughout the process even when I was imprisonment. I was fearful and many questions. However, there is always comfort and assurance of God presence even in a secured cell. God was there for me in the prison cell and I always remember one verses:
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4
Again, I am not promoting religions. I hope you could have that peace in you even if you face any cases may seems no answer to it.
Peace was what I need and only God can give me that inner-peace- a divine peace from heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment